Monday, May 18, 2009

Steelers! Super Saturday Sweep!

Hey guys,

How bout them Steelers! Way to sweep teams. We worked hard to get these victories. You have put in the work to be better. Remember back some weeks ago that the plan was to be better every practice, every week, Every game! We have done that this entire season. Both temas reaching deep to get the late TD.

We have to give it up for: Jameer to score, Remember get outside and go my man! BUT what a DF! Way to get me flags!

Danny Way to make one move and be gone. You all need to know that this call to run towards our side came from the sideline! Often times you will see more than I can. I look for execution rather than weakness. Kevin mentioned the openess to me on our last DF trip. Rudy came in and said it again. I told him we are going that way. I made the call with one time out and 26 seconds "RUN#1 Danny...... Run #1 Danny" We all heald our breath for the execution. Danny got the ball started OOPS the wrong way but made one CUT and ran down the side line to score. pretty memorable. Thanks to everyone to help me make the call. It was right on time and at the right time. We truely showed what a team was made of. I got the information from you guys and made the right call. So IF the credit for the win needs to be places on someone let's first start with the boys. Then second with all of our team! Great win!

Is every one looking forward to the past week of regular season football? I have to say as a coach NO. I have had the best season that I have had with all of you. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I knew it would be hard having two teams. But the effort that all of you, Players, families, friends, and coaches! You have made it great!

I want to talk to all of you much more about making the switch to "Coast to Coast flag football" I have done my homework on this league and I'm completely impressed. It really has stunned me. The Kids that have been with me for some time can really see the difference in what we started with and where we are. HOWEVER, I want to move as a team. I want these kids to stay together. We have the opportunity to have these kids really get to know one another. No just in Flag football but in life. I have to tell you that over a year ago when I "got" a team that this was my goal. Let's grow together. No just as a team but as parents, friends and family.

I'll have some information tomorrow about the league. Let's talk about what's best for our kids.

The Steelers party will be June 7th. It's $10.00 per player. The team Mom's will be collecting the money this weekend. We should have a great time. More information to follow.

last things last, Photo's will be taken this Saturday. Tim will have order forms for the players that want pictures and team pic's.

If I forgot anything I'll post more as it goes!

Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment